Monday 10 August 2009

Weekend Report 10/8/09

So I figure the best way to start this blog rolling is to start posting pictures!


I have no idea where this model comes from. I found it amongst several bags of metal minis all labelled £3. Possibly from the GW great lead sale many moons ago? Might not be though, as the tab on the base has no sign of GW on it anywhere, on the front it says P25 or something, and the back it says MARAUDER, but it came with a GW base, so I'm rather at a loss. Anyway, felt like trying out this painting from a white basecoat, think it's turning out quite well so far. I dunno what colour to paint the hat, was gonna go for brown, but that would match his hair too much, so thinking a black/grey colour?


Here are just some other things I'm working on. Testing out a technique on the fire dragon, I fear that if not done properly it will end up a mess and look rubbish, which it looks like it might. Also did the flames on the marine, not bad so far on him.


Finally, a preview of my ongoing sniper/autocannon conversion. It will mount the longer-barreled autocannon from the heavy weapons team box about where the square is on the side, so i decided to use plasticard and make the whole sentinel symmetrical. I have done a bit more work since this photo was taken, will post later. Mind you, this sentinel has been in construction for quite a long time, so the end product may end up fairly different from my original plan!

EDIT: I'm gonna have to figure out a better way to layout this blog! Expect to see things jump around a bit in the next few weeks lol!

2 comments:

  1. That first model is definitely GW. I got the same guy in a bunch of stuff from a friend who doesn't play anymore. He's sitting with the rest of my Mordheim human models waiting on some paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah cool, hadn't thought of using him for Mordheim, perhaps I'll give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete

You are posting a message!